“The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.” - Coco Chanel


Monday, November 8, 2010

View from the front row

One of the perks of working in the publishing industry is getting to sit at the front row to "cover" the country's greatest ode to fashion: Philippine Fashion Week. I was super thrilled because, really, this was my first PFW attendance ever. I never tried going before because I had no intention of sitting at the back row craning my neck to see clothes that were seven or eight rows away. Now, I had the perfect excuse: It was Halloween and I wanted to play dress up. Downside: I was only able to watch the tail end of Fashion Week. Boo!



What does one wear to events like these? Noob alert! Obviously, I don't have designer labels at my disposal, so I had to make do with what I had in my closet. Anyhoo, this was what I wore:

Top: Rockwell Urban Bazaar | Skirt: Random Bangkok bazaar |
Shoes: Tahari at JC Penney | Bag: Mango |
 Necklace: Jerusalem | Watch: dad's Rolex Submariner

The Mango bag was the closest I can get to owning a Vuitton Speedy without breaking the bank. I wanted a black bag that could be formal enough for dressier occasions but can still be used to spice up casual outfits. As always, a doctor's bag is the perfect choice. Roomy enough to fit all my junk but still effortlessly classy. It was my boyfriend's birthday gift. Thank you Gijo!

Also, those shoes from JC Penney (yes, the bargain shopper in me is squealing) are the most comfy shoes ever. I swear, Lester and I walked around SM Mall of Asia for an hour while waiting for the next show and I never even had to stop once to rest my feet. Yey to comfy heels!

And this was what Lester wore:

Polo: Muji | Shirt: Gap | Jeans: Greenhills | Belt: MBK Bangkok |
Shoes: Zara | Watch: Fossil

Denim on denim, very James Dean don't you think?

More of us soaking up Fashion Week:







Yes, I had a standard pose. I figured I had to look, I dunno, composed? I realize now that it made me look like I was about to burst out into song. That or spontaneously frothing out a speech. The pose just screams political hopeful. Wah, oh no no. Done with that phase of my life, thank you very much.

So that's it! 'Til the next fashion week. I think I'm gonna be a regular.:)




Photos by LESTER PASCUA.

3 comments:

  1. i think you did a good job with your first PFW outfit. i'm loving the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love what you're wearing. cute skirt & shoes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Kookie: I thought you might! It's totally your style!:)

    @Lloyda: Thanks! I just have to say, I'm a fan!:))

    ReplyDelete